I am currently a Ph.D. Candidate in Depth Psychology with Specialization in Somatic Studies. The focus of my academic research is on the lifeworld of the body and the archetypal image. My particular interest explores the language of the imagination and the body in the process of psychological growth and healing.
I have earned a Masters of Arts in Depth Psychology with Specialization in Somatic Studies, and a Masters of Arts in Marital and Family Therapy with specialization in Clinical Art Psychotherapy.
I have earned trainings/certifications in grief and loss, trauma focused, expressive arts and somatic oriented psychotherapy modalities. I continue engaging with various trainings. These include:
- Somatic Movement Therapist Professional Training at Tamalpa Institute (Ongoing).
- C.G. Jung Institute Jungian Sand-Play program for Clinicians (Ongoing).
- C.G. Jung Institute Certificate Program in Jungian Studies for Clinicians.
- Our House Grief Specialist Training.
- Focusing-Oriented Art Therapy Certification (Levels I, II).
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Training (with Dr. Sue Johnson).
- Somatic Experiencing Professional Training at the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute (modules beginning I, II, III).
- Art-First Trauma Training Response Certification.
- American Red Cross Child Friendly Spaces Certification.
- Trauma-Informed Care (TF-CBT Model).
- Mindful Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
- Mindful Awareness Practice Training (UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience)