I am a licensed Psychotherapist / Marriage and Family Therapist and Art Therapist.
Currently I am completing my Ph.D. in Depth Psychology with Specialization in Somatic Studies at Pacifica Graduate Institute. My research focuses on the lived experience of the body and the image in processes of psychological growth and healing.
I am also a Candidate-In-Training in the Jungian Analyst program at C. G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles as well as pursuing certification towards Somatic Movement Therapy at Tamalpa Institute/ISMETA.
I have a Master of Arts in Depth Psychology with Specialization in Somatic Studies and a Master of Arts in Marital and Family Therapy with Specialization in Clinical Art Therapy.
I trust in the connection between life, art, and the intelligence of the body and I ground the therapy process on a Jungian/depth psychological lens, on the language of creative expressive arts, Jungian dream work, Sand-Play, Active Imagination, and body centered modalities.
I continue engaging with various trainings and certifications some of which include:
- Analyst Training Program at the C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles.
- Life/Art Process Professional Training at Tamalpa Institute (Certified in Level I and ongoing training towards Registered Somatic Movement Therapy certification with ISMETA).
- Jungian Sand Play Program for Clinicians at C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles.
- Jungian Studies for Clinicians Certificate Program at C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles.
- Grief Specialist Training at Our House Grief Support Center.
- Focusing-Oriented Art Therapy (Certified in Levels I, II).
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (with Dr. Sue Johnson).
- Somatic Experiencing Professional Training at the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute (Certified in Modules Beginning I, II, III).
- Art-First Trauma Training Response and American Red Cross Child Friendly Spaces Certification.
- Trauma-Informed Care (TF-CBT Model).
- Mindful Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) at Insight LA.
- Mindful Awareness Practices at UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience.